BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Track Selection

I narrowed down my choices to Jimmy Mack by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas and You keep me hangiing on by The Supremes
After careful consideration I chose 'You keep me hanging on' because although an old song, it still sounds modern (which is probably why Mark Ronson sampled it recently in his song 'Stop Me'

Diana Ross and The Supremes - You Keep Me Hanging On


The beginning of the song is fairly electro which doesn't sound too dated, which makes me believe it will work as a modern music video. The best thing about choosing an old song is that there were no music videos and so it gives you a chance to be really creative as there is nothing for you too copy. Although the tune is upbeat the lyrics are actaully wuite solomn and so means that it gives you more variety you could do with narrative or concept, but the beat will allow for fast editing.

I haven't settled on a definitive idea but I believe the video will be performance and narrative based, wit the performance giving a nod to the era through styling and the style of the performance, while the narartive will seem more modern and current. I thought that we could perhaps experiment with puttting a modern beat through it to maybe make it more current or even adding an 80s beat to create a more original track.

This song provides fabulous style oppurtunities by taking inspiration from the time and creating looks such as big 60s hair and makeup. The song also provides ideas for costumes such as updated versions of what the band might have worn back then.


I think this song would work really well and if chosen would create a really original and fresh video.

0 comments: