BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Motown: The Marvelettes/The Velvelettes

Both these groups were popular at the time and had hits including The Marvelettes with ' Please Mr Postman' and The Velvelettes with 'He was Really Saying Something'

The Marvelettes:

This was way back in 1961 and already you can see Music Video developing with the different angles of the group etc. I'm not suggesting this as a song choice but I just really love the nostalgic feel of this video.
The Marvelettes were one of the earliest group, signing to the Tamla label and earned the company their first number 1 with 'Please Mr Postman'. They lead the way for other Motown groups including The Supremes.
After careful consideration I can say I don't think the Marvelettes will work as their sound is not right and is too true to the time and not adaptable enough.

The Velvelettes:

This video is fabulous! What can I say, the costumes are fab, the song is fab just everything about it... I love it!

I'm not sure if this would work but its a possibility...

0 comments: